Pages

Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

A burst of creativity

Yesterday afternoon I decided to create something. I hade lost my creative mojo. And haven't been very creative lately. But I saw this free pattern for a pumpkin penny rug a few days back. It was on the All People Quilt dot com website. I downloaded the pattern and printed it off. It was laying on top of my cutting table. I saw it several times yesterday.And evertime I went in their my eyes would seek it out. So after I got my duaghter home from school. I decided I would check to see if I had any felt and if I had colors appropriate for this project. Well I had just enough black felt. So I said why not give it a try.  The hardest part was cutting those teeny tiny little green circles that are layered on top of the orange ones. I think it turned out fairly well. I would have prefered a different color green for the leaves but I had to use what was in my stash.  I will definitely be tempted to try and make another one of these cute felt projects .

Until next time keep on sewing and quilting

                                       Tammy

13 comments:

Diane said...

Good job, I love it!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

What a cute project! I hope your sewjo comes back soon :)

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Looks like that creative mojo is sneaking up on you! Great project Tammy!

Lorene Holbrook said...

Oh Tammy, I saw that too and had to make it! LOVE it!!! you did a great job AND how wonderful to just use your stash! yeah!!!!

Sharon said...

Adorable! Felt is so much fun to appliqué with. This will be so cute decorating your house.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is an adorable project :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Tammy I love this penny rug - these kinds of projects are so much fun to do! And I like the color of the green...works very well I think. blessings, marlene

Jenny of Elefantz said...

LOVE it!! The green is perfect, by the way. :-)
Hugs
Jenny
x

Solstitches said...

What a lovely project. You do beautiful work.
Margaret

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

So cute! Happy you got your sewing mojo back!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

What a cute little pumpkin! Looks like you've got your mojo coming back ;)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Tammy...returning the visit and now following vie GFC. Good luck in my give away! val:)

Angie in SoCal said...

You have some neat projects!