Pages

Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A little stiching gift for a friend

I have been busy trying to organize all my embroidery threads. Most of which are old from when I used to smock for my daughter when she was a lot younger. I recently made a gift for my dearest freind. A Journal cover with book mark.
I used a little bit of  awareness fabric in it. As this is the friend that has been helping me since before I was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has been with me since day 1 with this disease. She is a great lady. Driving me to all my doctor appointments and cooking meals to bring to me after my surgery. She also took my daughter back and fourth to school each day for 3 weeks.

 So I decided to make her this covered journal with book mark. She is all ways writing and doing her bible study and getting her Sunday school lessons done. And she is always on the go taking her children to all their sports and music activities. That way she can take her journal with her and allways have it handy.

Inside I made her a hand embroidered label. And their is a pocket as well.  The label was hard to stich for some  reason. The thread kept knotting up and breaking on me. The back is not pretty at all. Thank goodness it is sewn in place and no one can see the back.  I am not happy with the stitchin since it looks as bad at is was to stitch. Front and back is just not pretty.


 
This is the picture of the book mark I made to go with it.
 

5 comments:

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

What a great gift for your friend. It is lovely and sew thoughtful,

Lisa said...

What a beautiful gift for someone who helped you so much.

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely gift for such a special friend.

Solstitches said...

A very special gift for a good friend.
I love the label you put inside.
Margaret

Barb said...

That is a fabulous gift!!